Laura Benge has lived in Middle Tennessee for over 25 years. The consummate people person, this gal has never met a stranger! Laura’s warmth, enthusiasm, and intuition to match the personalities of homebuyers with their perfect home have earned her the nickname The Matchmaker.
The Smell of Home
Selling your home can be a daunting and stressful task. Laura takes the mystery out of the process by giving her clients a task list in order to prepare the house for listing. Staging a home for sale is a service Laura offers all her clients; knowing what makes a buyer connect with a house and helping buyers envision themselves there. You know that whole freshly baked cookie trick? Yeah, this Williamson County realtor has got an arsenal of those!
Finding “The One”
Laura’s a romantic at heart. Her years of raising four children in Williamson County and working in and around Nashville have afforded Laura with the unique opportunity to get acquainted with practically every neighborhood in Middle Tennessee. Laura puts this knowledge to work for her clients, helping them to understand all the area has to offer. Laura’s passion to get to know her client’s unique lifestyle translates into finding them their perfect Middle Tennessee home.
“Red meat and Coach Taylor!” When her man is out of town, Laura grills steaks for herself and her dog Murphy and binges on entire seasons of Friday Night Lights.
“Retired Swimming Instructor!” Not only does Laura know just about everyone in Franklin and Nashville, she’s also taught them all to swim! During the summer months, Laura dives into the challenge of teaching our children “dolphin hands” and the “cutting the pizza.” Her husband counted once and estimated that Laura has taught over 5,000 children how to swim!
Laura has lived all over – ask her about Europe, but Middle Tennessee is her all time favorite. Her top five reasons to live in Nashville are:
- Sonic Drive-Ins. Happy hour everyday 2-4pm. Order a cherry limeade. You’ll thank Laura for it!
- Generous, caring people. Davidson and Williamson counties have more non-profits per capita than any other area in the U.S.
- The beauty and ambiance. Stunning falls with leaves of red and gold, snow dusted fields in the winter, eye candy springs, and the green grass of summer.
- Hiking trails, festivals and quaint towns to explore. Conversations with friends and strangers. Laura and Murphy have plenty to do.
- Music city. We aren’t just called it, we ARE IT. Not just country, but all genres, for all ages. Run or walk the Music City marathon in April…bands play at each mile marker.
Favorite Room in Her House?
“My back deck!” The aged wisteria vines that have wrapped themselves around the pergola above her back deck offer a blissful haven to her family and their guests. “It’s the best place to entertain or to be alone with a book. I’m always on the hunt for homes for my clients that offer the possibility for creating a similar haven.”