Buyers today seem to be willing to pay extra for some of their favorite amenities. If you have been thinking of listing your home, here are the top 5 that buyers are looking for, and even willing to give up other draws in order to get!
1. His and Hers closets in the master bedroom (no more arguing over drawer space!). 31% of buyers say this is very important to them.
2. Spa-like master bathroom (take a deep breath and relax…). 23% of buyers listed this as their top feature in a home.
3. Large eat-in kitchen (all the more easier to entertain). Another 23% said this is crucial for them, and especially if there is an island as well.
4. Screened-in porch (for our hot and buggy summer weather!) This is particularly popular here in the South.
5. Having at least one bathtub in the home. A staggering 54% listed this as a priority for them in making a house purchase.
It seems that the trend of home buyers today is looking out for these specific amenities, and they are willing to give up other draws to get them! 35% of those surveyed said they would give up better schools and close proximity to entertainment and shopping in order to get the home of their dreams, and they are willing to pay more for their favorite amenities. If you have been thinking of selling your home, it’s good to keep in mind what the buyers are looking for and willing to go the extra mile for!